Forum Sieć serwerów Cs-Forever Strona Główna Sieć serwerów Cs-Forever
Cs-Forever

POMOCPOMOC   FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

Bicocca, The triumph of the Spanish harquebus over the Swiss

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Sieć serwerów Cs-Forever Strona Główna -> Współpraca
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
karimamarika456
Nowy

PostWysłany: Pon Mar 11, 2024 05:01    Temat postu: Bicocca, The triumph of the Spanish harquebus over the Swiss Odpowiedz z cytatem

At the beginning of , the peace that had ended the virulent but indecisive war of the League of Cambrai (-) threatened to collapse. The Treaty of Noyon, signed by Francis I of France and the very young Charles I, had certified a precarious balance of forces in Italy. The Spanish preserved the kingdom of Naples, conquered by the Great Captain , while the French Crown saw its conquest of the Duchy of Milan recognized after the overwhelming victory of Francis I at Marignano (). With the exception of the brief War of Urbino () between Pope Leo The Florentine chronicler Francesco Guicciardini wrote in his Storia d'Italia that “although doubtful and full of suspicions, it seemed that [Italy] had Heaven, its own fate and fortune envious of its stillness or fearful that, if it rested longer, "return to your old happiness."

Indeed, the fates of international politics broke the fragile balance when, after the death of his grandfather Maximilian I, Charles I was crowned Holy Roman Emperor . Francis I, who also coveted imperial dignity and did not wish to be subjected to his rival – the Duchy of Milan was a fiefdom of the Empire – began to prepare for war. Despite the B2B Email List rench monarch's subsequent attempts to present his aggression as a preventive maneuver, Jean Barillon, secretary of Chancellor Antoine Duprat, makes the reason clear: "I believe that the first foundation of the war was the election of the emperor." The first French movements were buried. In the spring of , taking advantage of the fact that Charles V was engaged in dealing with Luther in the convulsive Diet of Worms, while Castile was mired in the Communards' Revolt, Francis launched two covert invasions of his enemy's domains. On the one hand, he induced Robert III de La Marck, prince of Sedan, to rebel against Charles and launch an offensive into the Netherlands across the Meuse.

The first acts of arms were favorable to the emperor, who easily defeated La Marck in the Netherlands and, in the Iberian Peninsula, saw his army achieve a decisive victory, in Noáin, over the Franco-Navarrean forces. Thus, Francis I was drawn into a miscalculated conflict. Indeed, Charles V, who had sought the imperial crown for eminently defensive purposes, to prevent a hostile emperor from proceeding to dismember his territories, remembered the words of his chancellor, Mercurino Arborio de Gattinara: “Under the shadow of the imperial title , he could not only take care of his inherited territories and kingdoms, but also other more extensive ones, increasing the empire until his monarchy encompassed the entire world. Although the emperor did not go that far in his immediate designs, he did see the opportunity to recover the duchy of Burgundy and expel Francis I from Italy. In parallel, he sent a large army led by André de Foix on Lower Navarre, conquered and incorporated into the crown of Castile in In the eyes of the other European monarchs, it was obvious that Francis had initiated the aggression . “The war – in the words of Barillon – was now open”, and the eagle and the salamander, heraldic symbols of the two monarchs in dispute, were going to face each other directly.
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Reklama

Wysłany: Pon Mar 11, 2024 05:01    Temat postu:

Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Sieć serwerów Cs-Forever Strona Główna -> Współpraca Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1
Skocz do: